• (02) 6772 9123
  • mail@snelandcare.org.au

    Latest News

    Long-term permits now available for travelling stock reserves

    Cows calves 001

    Land managers across the Northern Tablelands Local Land Services region have been invited to apply for long-term access to a number of Travelling Stock Reserves (TSRs).

    Helen Ward, from the Northern Tablelands Local Land Services TSR team, said producers can now submit an application for a Management Agreement Permit, which will provide them with certainty of TSR access for years to come.

    Image: The Travelling Stock Reserve Management Agreement Permits will give confidence to livestock producers to make long-term business decisions.

    “Everybody benefits from a viable, well-maintained and connected TSR network, and these permits help deliver that,” Helen said.

    “The permits will give confidence to livestock producers to make long-term business decisions and allow them to also play a key role in securing the future productivity of our local TSRs.”

    While a number of carefully assessed TSRs in the region will be available for Management Agreement Permits, most TSRs remain available by application for short-term access permits such as walking stock.

    Under measures introduced in 2020 by Local Land Services, Management Agreement Permits across NSW are now standardised, and the process of assessing applications is more robust.

    Helen Ward said successful applicants are selected using comprehensive criteria, which ensures the region’s TSR network is looked after properly.

    “TSRs have a storied history in NSW and they are not only important for agricultural productivity, but they also play a crucial role in supporting threatened species and habitats,” Helen said.

    “Whether it’s proposed grazing practices, experience, or how pests and weeds will be managed, we need to make sure applicants can effectively manage a TSR, so our industries, and the communities they support, can prosper.”

    For more information on Management Agreement Permits, producers can:
    • Find out whether their region is currently open for applications
    • View a map of available TSRs
    • Submit an application for a permit.

    Anyone considering submitting an application should read and understand the TSR State-wide Plan of Management and the Best Environmental Management Practice Toolkit for TSRs, which are both available on the Local Land Services website: https://www.lls.nsw.gov.au/.

    Donate to SNELandcare

    Thank you for your donation


    Our Proud Supporters

    Subscribe to eNews

    I wish to receive SNELandcare's regular eNews to stay abreast of upcoming landcare opportunities. I understand I can unsubscribe any time.
    Become a member to receive our full-colour Landchat newsletter by post, showcasing member achievements. Click the Membership menu to join.

    Connect with us

    EOI Form

    Do you have a project that could benefit from a grant? Would you neighbours like to particpate?

    Our Landcare Coordinator can help develop project ideas, action plan next steps, and source funding!

    Tell us about it using our

    Expression of Interest Form