• (02) 6772 9123
  • mail@snelandcare.org.au

    Latest News

    Results are in and Elwyn wins prize!

    ElwynHegartySouthern New England Landcare congratulates Elwyn Hegarty of Armidale as the winner of our 2020 Member Survey $100 voucher draw!

    Elwyn was 'over the moon' when she called in at the Landcare office in Hanna's Arcade to pick up her gift voucher, and has chosen to spend it all at her favourite local bookstore, Boobooks in Armidale. We hope you enjoy many hours of reading, Elwyn!

    Image - Elwyn Hegarty is pictured with Struan Ferguson (left) and Karen Zirkler (right) at the Southern New England Landcare office, while receiving her prize.

    Results prove informative

    The results of our 2020 Membership Survey are in, and are proving most helpful for Coordinators in shaping the kinds of training, events and services that members and friends will experience over the coming 12 months. Here are some of the key findings:

    • Skills that most respondents would like to develop in the coming 12 months are focussed around improved soil management and regenerative agriculture.
    • Group related skills that most respondents would like to develop include promotional skills, facilitation skills and social media skills.
    • Several groups would like to do more group action planning with the help of our local Landcare Coordinators.
    • In terms of communications, the Landcare Community Resource Centre in Armidale is seen as 'extremely important' by a high proportion of respondents as a place to make contact with staff and resources.
    • Enews is seen as 'very helpful' by most respondents, while the website and social media channels are used less by more 'mature' respondents. 40% of respondents find our Facebook page relevant, while the other 60% of respondents said it was 'not relevant' to them.
    • On the other hand, 90% of respondents said that our full colour printed Landchat newsletter which is delivered to members in the 'snail mail' a couple of times a year is 'important' or 'extremely important' to them.
    • If we were to re-introduce our quarterly 'SNELCC' meetings where representatives from each group come together to share what they are up to, most respondents would prefer they be held in either all four locations (Guyra, Armidale, Uralla, Walcha) in turn, or just in Armidale.
    • The average rate of satsifaction with the services provided by Southern New England Landcare is 72%.

    Southern New England Staff are looking at the results in more depth to review suggestions for improving communications and services and how we can improve the benefits of membership.

    Members who completed our 2020 Membership Survey were invited to enter the draw by supplying their name and contact details at the completion of the survey. The draw was conducted on 31 July 2020.

    If you'd like to join up as a member and receive great benefits, click here.

    Our Proud Supporters

    e-News Sign-up

    Become a member to receive our eNews to stay abreast of upcoming landcare opportunities.
    Membership is free and you can unsubscribe anytime.
    Sign Up here

    Connect with us

    EOI Form

    Do you have a project that could benefit from a grant? Would you neighbours like to particpate?

    Our Landcare Coordinator can help develop project ideas, action plan next steps, and source funding!

    Tell us about it using our

    Expression of Interest Form